Friday, January 1, 2010

Church

I always swore I'd never mention religion on my blogs but here I am about to break that vow. I am not an overly religious person and can count on one had the number of times I have been inside a church. I believe in the power of prayer just not that we necessarily all pray to the same god. So I have always appreciated people praying for me and been happy to pray for others. But lately some people on my caringbridge page have been making me feel uncomfortable. Suggesting I need to give my life up to god and that if I'd go to to church I'd be cured just stuff like that. I'm not sure how to respond without offending people but I'm starting to regret writing anything on my page and thus have been avoiding writing on it. I need the support just don't want religion jammed down my throat. Is this wrong? What should I do?

No comments: