Monday, November 2, 2009

Care vs independence

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller

This quote really grabbed me today. In being treated with the Methotrexate I am not able to do some of the things I could before (mostly due to fatigue and nausea) and some of the things I can do I cannot do as well as I used too. I'm struggling with the fact I'm less independent now than I ever was and there are big changes happening with my care situation and also my parents lives. I might be forced to move and will be relying on carers more and more. Its not something I like but I see very little I can do about it. Finding the balance between what I can do for myself and what I need help with has suddenly became hard.

No comments: