Sunday, December 13, 2009

money

As a young child, I used to be so frugal with my money and really save and weigh up each purchase before I made it. As an adult I am almost the exact opposite. I have no savings and this is a situation I really want to change but I am struggling to do so especially on the small disability pension I get. I guess I need to have the mindset that every dollar counts and start from there but I'm not really sure how to budget etc.

I've been looking at blogs of people who live a frugal live and those who have managed to save in order to get inspiration but I am still a bit lost. I just opened an online savings account with my bank so I guess that is a start. I want it to have a $10,000 balance by the end of 2010 so I guess that is my goal right now. How to achieve it? More later as I ponder this.

No comments: