Monday, July 6, 2009

My creative process

One of my TAFE assignments is to talk about my creative process. I am struggling with it because I don't consciously set out to write most of the stuff I write. It just happens. Many of the poems I have posted on here are born because a line of them will pop into my head and they flow from there...

My only attempt at a novel so far was much like that too, but in that case little Jack Lawson appeared in my dreams and started telling me his story and then bugged me enough until I started writing it down. I am waiting for him to come back and tell me the rest.

Over the last couple of days I have started a new novel. The main character did the appear in my head thing too but this time I am using novel writing software to get down and organise my ideas. I am not sure how it is going to go but I'll keep you all posted if anyone is interested.

No comments: